Sunday, October 21, 2012

Farm Animals Song for Kids

Animals are always an interesting topic for children especially those of younger age. Animal characters have been surrounding kids since almost birthday. That is why farm animals are likely to be an exciting thing for kids learning English in your classroom. It’s always stimulating to introduce funny animals in the process of education and overall development of communication abilities. There are a lot of fun game opportunities to develop language skills and imagination.

Farm Animals Song Lyrics



It’s a wonderful day!
Let’s go to the farm!

Hi, little cow! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
The sun is so bright. The sky is so blue.
The grass is so green. Moo, moo, moo.

Hi, little duck! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
What are you doing there in the lake?
I am swimming. Quack, quack, quack.

Hi, little horse! How are you?
I am great, thank you.
Would you like some fresh tasty hay?
Oh, with pleasure! Neigh, neigh.

Hi, little sheep! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
What are you doing next to the barn?
I’m waiting for my master. Baa, baa, baa.

Hi, little dog! How are you?
Very well, thank you.
Why are you looking up on the roof?
The cat is sitting there. Woof, woof, woof.

Hi, little cat! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
Come here and play with me right now.
I’m lying in the sun. Miaow, miaow, miaow.

Hi, little hen! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
Why are you walking there in the yard?
I’m looking for some grains. Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Hi, little pig! How are you?
I am fine, thank you.
Why are you shining like a golden coin?
I’ve found a real one. Oink, oink, oink.


Karaoke Version of the Farm Animals Song



Farm Animals Worksheets


There are, of course, some worksheets to remember farm animals in English.

Worksheet 1: The first task is to circle the animal that is different. This is a very simple worksheet for children who don’t know the ABC yet. That is why it can be given even in preschool. Ask older learners to find a different animal and explain their choice using as an example the following sentence:

This sheep is different because it has got a flower.

farm animals worksheet for English learning
Farm Animals Worksheet 1


stuff for kids

Worksheet 2: In this assignment kids should match the animal images with the letters they begin with. This task is also very simple though it expects some basic skills in detecting the correspondence between letters and sounds.

farm animals worksheet for kids to learn English
Farm Animals Worksheet 2

Worksheet 3: In the given worksheet kids are asked to help the farmer find his animals by matching animal images and their names. This task supposes children’s ability to read simple three letter words. They can also try to guess the meaning of the words orienting to the first letter of a difficult word that is very helpful in developing the linguistic intuition.

farm animals worksheet
Farm Animals Worksheet 3


Worksheet 4: This task is rather difficult because it demands the high level of spelling skills. Children are supposed to remember the name of an animal and correct the mistake in its spelling.

farm animals song
Farm Animals Worksheet 4

I hope my worksheets will help your pupils in mastering English language skills.

See also:

Forest animals song for children
*****

2 comments :

  1. It seems to be fun activity for children. You elaborated a great post. I love it really, even love it so much, that the greedy visual-data gnome in me wants more! Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post for kids here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!Kids Educational Dvds

    ReplyDelete